Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finally.....

I believe I have finally come up with a name for this blog that will stick. When I started this blog I was planning on homeschooling Abigail so my intention was to keep a log of my journey. After much prayer and consideration I decided not to home school but still wanted to blog. When God so gently commanded that I take an extended facebook break I knew I was going to need an outlet for myself so I thought "hey, why not focus your energies on blogging" I always loved writing and for long have wanted to put my heart and soul back into it. I have gone through like three or four different names for this blog, all based upon what I thought it was going to be. I have been trying to come up with just the right name. I keep seeing all these really cute blog names out there but they are obviously all taken and everyone that I have come up with for mine just doesn't seem to fit. So I took it to God.
I am involved in an amazing womens ministry that is very dear to my heart. We have monthy gathering where we worship, have teachings and just gather together in fellowship. I have the opportunity to share my testimony at our gathering in September. I have only really shared my testimony once before and this time is in front of women that I know and I am really nervous. I have been really seeking God and praying about what He would have me say that would glorify Him and what He has done in my life over the last four and a half years. With that I asked Him the other day, for a title. A title for my life. Something that expresses all He has done, who He is in me and everything the captures just what my journey has been. As I sat down to do my quiet time tonight and picked up my devotional and the verse studied was Genesis 50:20. One of my ALL TIME favorites.

"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many should be kept alive as they are today"

I just love it. Everything that the enemy meant for evil against me God meant for good, so that it could be brought about to help someone else. That is where then I got the thought of woven grace. Everything that I have through, good, bad, sin I committed or sin someone committed against me, joy, pain, trial or accomplishments was all something that God was weaving together in His grace to bring it about, to mold me into who He always wanted me to be. Every thread, strand, and piece of me is woven together in God's amazing grace for His purpose. I am thrilled to be a part of His plan. He told me a long time ago that He was going to do big things in my life. What that means, I don't know. I know He is putting together something fantastic, something that is going to blow me away. I know He is going to take every tear I ever cried and redeem it. I know that everyday He is working to redeem those years that the locusts ate. I know that I am so undeserving of it all, but so thankful for His love and grace, without it I would still be a sinner lost to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment