Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rain

"Let us acknowledge the Lord;
let us press on to acknowledge Him.
As surely as the sun rises,
He will appear,
He will come like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth"

Hosea 6:3


Rain....I could use some rain right now. Not in the dreary sense, like I am depressed and want to stay holed up in my house, under the covers hiding from the world. In the sense that rain cleanses. Rain purifies. Rain washes us clean and makes all things fresh. I read through Hosea last night. I was looking for a specific verse which turns out wasn't in Hosea after all (On a side note check out Ezekiel 16:8-9) I found this verse, that I must have highlighted sometime ago because I really don't remember ever reading it. I am going through some seriously intense stuff right now and while God is EVER present like I have never experienced before, the pain I am feeling in grossly weighty. I live as is. Daily doing what I need to do to get through the day. But when night time comes and it's time to go to bed, that is when the hard part comes. So I grab my bible, get in bed and go to my Lord. And He meets me.. OH how He meets me.

When I was 13 I went through a phase where I wanted to live in Seattle. I was in the grunge stage of life. Think Kurt Cobain, Pearl Jam and corduroy pants. I felt that Seattle would fit my mood. I was depressed all the time and longed for the rain. I felt it fit my mood, fit who I was. And felt that living somewhere the sun never shined was perfect for me. That is not why I am longing for rain now. Hosea says that that is we pursue God He will come to us like the rain, like the winter rain. The winter rain is meant for plowing and sowing. He has to plow through my life. Plow out the deadness, the decay that has taken up residence in my life for way to long. The shame that has wrapped it's binding claws around heart. He has to sow so He can make way for what comes next. He will also coming to us like the spring rains. The spring rains are what causes the plants to grow. Oh how I want my heart to be plowed, softened, broken up, shaped. So that He can plant the seeds of righteousness that He needs to plant, so that they can sprout up and grow and I can blossom into the woman of faith that He created me to be. A healed woman, a FREE woman and a REDEEMED woman. I want to stand in the pure, clean rain shower of His love, purity and clean holiness right now. His rain that washes everything sin, stain and impurity away.

In Him

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment